Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Patti Page maple syrup



It’s time to think about holiday giving. People aren’t getting much from me this year; if I have the strength to bake a few Russian teacakes and put them in cute little containers, that’ll be about the size of it.



But some years I do better. There are always catalog gifts (who doesn’t like a cheese wheel?). And sometimes I come up with something absolutely brilliant, which then falls flat.




This was absolutely perfect, I thought. So I bought half-a-dozen bottles, and sent them out, and  -


Almost no response. “Thanks for the syrup,” I got from one or two people.


Then, over the next few years, I started getting little messages from those same people. “Did you know that that bottle of syrup sings a song? We just opened it, and –“


Oh yes. It took some of them two years or so to open my gift.


Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment