Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I am the mayor

How-to-draw-mayor-from-the-powerpuff-girls


Apollonia and I were running errands the other day; she was driving the car and I was jumping out and delivering things. “Sorry that took so long,” I said, getting back in the car after one stop. “Everyone kept stopping me to chat.”

 

 

She looked at me sidelong. “Well,” she said, “you're the mayor, after all.”

 

 

I sighed. “I suppose I am,” I said.

 

 

I have lived in my neighborhood for over thirty years. I have worked at my current job for almost twenty-five years. I know pretty much everyone, and they know me, by sight if not by name. I can't walk to work without waving to at least three people. I was waiting for the elevator the other day when one of Partner's co-workers shrieked at the sight of me. “Where's your hat?” she yelled. “I didn't even recognize you without your hat!” (I usually wear a I LOVE WARWICK RHODE ISLAND hat, which was (indirectly) a gift from the Warwick Chamber of Commerce, but it's a long story.)

 

 

So, apparently, I am the crazy old stooge with the stupid hat. You know: the older guy who just babbles on and on about nothing.

 

 

And I have created this image all by myself.

 

 

Remember Grandpa Simpson? “It's an interesting story. Well, maybe not so much interesting as long.”

 

 

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen:

 

 

I am the gabby drooling old wreck you really ought to avoid on public transportation.

 

 

Somebody shoot me immediately.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment