Total Pageviews

Monday, June 20, 2011

Pantry moths

Ask-julie-how-get-rid-pantry-moths-larvae-1


I have moths.

 

 

If I were a good and dutiful housewife, I would immediately transfer dry goods like flour and cereal and rice to plastic containers after I buy them.

 

 

I do not do this.

 

 

And now we have a houseful of moths.

 

 

Moths are not beautiful. They are drab and dingy. They fold their wings when they perch and hold very still, like little brown pup-tents. They flutter in front of the television. Every evening either Partner or I leaps up and begins to dance around the room chasing one of them, shrieking. And now and then there is a big WHAM from the next room, which is usually one or the other of us throwing a bowling ball or a dictionary at a brown speck on the wall.

 

 

So, the other day, I bought some nice SAFER PANTRY PEST moth traps.

 

 

They're just some sticky paper and some moth pheromones. I put one on top of the fridge, and within half an hour, a litle brown/gray moth was stuck to the inside of it, struggling.

 

 

Poor thing.

 

 

When I see 'em, I smack 'em without a moment's hesitation. All you see is a little brown smudge on your hand.

 

 

But it's another thing when you actually see them struggling, fixed on the sticky paper, dying.

 

 

Poor things.

 

 

Moths are not beautiful. If they were beautiful, like butterflies, or even cute, like ladybugs. . .

 

 

But they are not.

 

 

And neither am I.

 

 

And I don't like moths in our kitchen!

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment