Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 5, 2011

My life and prophecies

Ljwhoroscope


I've been a student of the occult for a long time. I read cards; I read palms; I even used to cast and interpret horoscopes.

 

 

I'm not sure if I believe in it myself anymore.

 

 

But my predictions and interpretations are eerily accurate.

 

 

I started a very long time ago, in the mid-1960s. It was a brain-bursting undertaking in those days to cast a horoscope. We used enormous phonebook-sized guides called ephemerides, which give the positions of the planets day by day, and we used real honest-to-god math to calculate the planets' positions at a particular moment. We calculated the angles between the planets in the chart, and the sniffier among us factored in the distance of said planets above/below the celestial equator.

 

 

All by hand, with a pencil, on a big piece of paper, yet.

 

 

And then we drew a beautiful mandala-style chart and filled it with arcane medieval symbols and numbers.

 

 

Computers have made the job easier. I have always been a little bit mistrustful of computers, though. How do you check their math?

 

 

I can still draw my own natal horoscope by heart: Sun and Mercury in Cancer, Leo rising, Moon in Capricorn. Four planets in Leo, including Venus, Uranus, and Mars, all close enough together to ignite one another. Pluto glaring at me from the first house, in the last degrees of Leo. Jupiter in Virgo in the second house. Saturn in Sagittarius in the fourth. Neptune in Libra, moping gloomily down at the nadir, in the third house.

 

 

Now you know all about me.

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment