Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday blog: The late Amy Winehouse sings "Rehab"

Amywinehousepic


I had a different song planned for today, but when the sad news of Amy Winehouse's death came around yesterday, I wanted to do a little tribute to her.

 

 

She was 27. Others who died at 27: Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain.

 

 

As of this writing, cause of death is still unknown. But I think we all have a pretty good idea of what might have happened.

 

 

I love this song: I love Amy's whiskey voice, and the chimes, and the horn section, and the quiet backup group that comes in on “No no no,” and the strings that creep in so stealthily at the end.

 

 

They tried to make me go to rehab; I said No no no . . .

 

Amy_Winehouse_-_Rehab.mp3 Listen on Posterous

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment