Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday blog: The Roches sing "Moonswept"

 

Moonswept2


I have loved the Roches for a long time. There are three of them, if you don't know their theme song: Maggie and Terre and Suzzy. They performed together for a while in the 1980s and into the 1990s, then broke up, and have since reunited. They have a knack for writing and singing songs that make me laugh, and others that make me cry.

 

 

Their 2007 “Moonswept” album has a couple of things that (right on cue) make me cry.

 

 

The title song is the best on the album, I think. It is about the way things used to be, and about relationships, and shared memories, and growing older.

 

 

Or maybe it's about the burnt heart of a small witch.

 

 

Doesn't matter. It's just one of the songs that pretty much always makes me cry.

 

 

With us, its isness was obvious

And the ones that followed, they knew of it too;

But the broomstick fell behind the moon . . .


 

04_Moonswept.m4a Listen on Posterous


 

No comments:

Post a Comment