Total Pageviews

Friday, November 18, 2011

Every good blog deserves favor

Cropped-img_1056

Apollonia’s younger son recently began a nice little blog, mostly about food, called Topsytasty.com.  It is very well-written and entertaining, and I wouldn’t have expected anything else from any offspring of Apollonia.  (He wrote a very nice little piece about Apollonia on her birthday.)  Lioness that she is, she is very proud of him.  But she worries.  “I don’t know if anybody’s reading it,” she told me.  “I mean, I am.  But who else is?”


“That’s the way of the Internet,” I told her.  “Who knows?  He could get discovered.  He might catch on.  Look: I post mine on four different websites every day, and I’m lucky to get maybe fifty reads total.”


“Huh,” she said.


“Well, some days I catch fire,” I said.  “But most days are slow.  I don’t write like Dickens, after all.”


“You write like the dickens,” she said whimsically.  (When she was a girl, back before electricity and indoor plumbing, “the dickens” was a euphemism for Satan.)


Anyway.  Go read that young man’s blog.  You will pick up a few good recipes, which is not nothing; also, as I said, he writes well, which is not all that common these days.


And, as a side benefit, you will make Apollonia happy. 


And, believe me, that is no mean feat.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment