Total Pageviews

Monday, July 9, 2012

I love a good calamity

1234-san-diego-fireworks


On the morning after the Fourth of July, Partner told me something he’d just seen on TV: some huge fiasco at the San Diego fireworks display the night before.

 

 

Later in the day, idly, I looked up the video of the event. And I nearly died laughing.

 

 

Every single thing went off at once. There were four barges full of fireworks, and something sparked them all simultaneously. It’s like watching the sun explode. It lasts approximately fifteen seconds, and then it dies down, and you hear the crowd applauding tentatively, waiting for more.

 

 

 

 

And there ain’t no more.

 

 

No one was hurt. Many, however, were disappointed. Some were “angry.”

 

 

Angry at what? I ask. That was just about the funniest and best fireworks display I’ve ever seen. It was mercifully brief, and bizarrely intense. If I were a kid watching that, I would know in my heart that I had just seen the best fireworks display ever.

 

 

But then, I love a good calamity.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment