Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

For New Year's Day: I'm going to reform!

Archy

You know I try to provide something different for holidays.

 

 

Well, here it is, New Year’s Day 2013, and I have nothing.

 

 

No songs, no pertinent video clip, no nothing. This is my fifty-sixth New Year’s Day on earth, and I find that I have nothing inspirational to share.

 

 

Well, maybe one thing: a quatrain from Don Marquis, written by the cockroach Archy. Archy kept slipping, and repenting, and rebelling, and falling into line again. This is from one of his more repentant periods:

 

 

 

i sing the glad noo year

that s tending toward the norm

my song is one of cheer

i m going to reform

 

 

 

That’s a nice all-purpose resolution.

 

 

Happy New Year, kids.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment