Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Goodbye to Posterous

Posterous_logo


I wrote something in late 2012 about leaving Posterous. It was getting treacherous, and the website was often difficult, and I decided I’d leave it.

 

 

But – here’s the thing – when it works, it’s wonderful! It autoposts to everything! It’s so convenient!

 

 

So I decided to think about it for a while.

 

 

Well, there’s no more thinking to be done. Posterous is done, as of March 31: finished completely. Twitter is absorbing its staff and its servers.

 

 

What does this mean?

 

 

Well, it means that I’m posting this blog in five places rather than six. My method currently is this: I post these blogs on Posterous and Wordpress, and they automatically post to all of the other Internet properties (Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook, and Twitter).

 

 

Now what?

 

 

I began with Posterous because some of my favorite celebrity bloggers, like Mark Bittman, used Posterous. It seemed reliable and steady, and the create-post screens were pretty straightforward. Also: it autoposted everywhere.

 

 

Except that, once in a while, it got uppity and refused to do anything at all.

 

 

Irritating!

 

 

Well, no need to worry about that now. For those of you (not many) who read me or who subscribe to me on Posterous: please move over to futureworldblog.wordpress.com.

 

 

Rest in peace, Posterous.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment