Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Well That's Just Great: blog by Anthony Giffen

Wellthatsjustgreat


There are some interesting characters on the Net. One of my favorite scifi / fantasy authors, Diane Duane, has a Tumblr account, and I love the fact that she interacts with her fans (none of whom is more starstruck than I). There’s George Takei, who is a national treasure. There’s Robert Reich, my favorite former Cabinet member, who posts discursively intelligent pieces on Facebook.

 

 

And then there is Anthony Giffen.

 

 

He lives in central Florida, not far from DisneyWorld. He has a Tumblr account called wellthatsjustgreat, and he co-writes a Tumblr with his dog Ducky called – what else? – wellthatsjustducky.

 

 

Anthony is one of the most naturally funny people I’ve ever encountered online,

 

 

He is witty, and funny, and outrageous. He posts sentimental pics of Disney attractions. His faintly political posts suggest that he’s a liberal, as I am.

 

 

His dog Ducky is bossy and imperious. (I love that he talks to Ducky, and that Ducky talks back. There’s a Ducky post once a week, usually on Sunday evenings.) Ducky doesn’t like the household cat, or waiting for Anthony to come home, or seeing Anthony sad.

 

 

And Anthony is sad sometimes. He speaks very frankly about his depression, and his relationships past and present, and his daily life.

 

 

He is an interesting person, and you can do yourself a favor by subscribing to his Tumblr account.

 

 

Also: he’s putting together a book – a real book! – of his conversations with Ducky.

 

 

I predict great things for this young man, and for his goofy dog.

 

 

Please go look them both up. I assure you that you won’t be disappointed.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment