Total Pageviews

Monday, March 4, 2013

Getting old: a very brief anecdote

Commode


I overheard this conversation in a restaurant a while back. It is very brief, and pretty much perfect the way it is.

 

 

I was finishing my mixed-green salad with balsamic dressing when I overheard the waiter speaking to some older people at the next table. “I don’t need to write the orders down,” he said. “They just sort of soak into my head. I go over to the register, and they all come back to me like magic.”

 

 

“Good for you,” one of the women said. “Wait until you get older. Sometimes I walk into the kitchen and can’t remember what I wanted to do.”

 

 

“Big deal!” the man next to her said. “Sometimes I walk into the bathroom and can’t remember what I wanted to do.”

 

 

Ba-da-bump.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment