Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

All I want for Christmas is a little situational irony


I was on the treadmill at the health club last night when “A Charlie Brown Christmas” came on TV. Oh, good, I thought, nostalgia. But, my goodness, ABC packed in lots of commercials! I kept checking the clock and thinking: There's no way they can finish this in half an hour. Are they going to cut the ending somehow?

 

They did not cut the ending. They jammed the show double-full of commercials so that it would run long, and then – when it was finally over, around 8:40 pm – they announced that it would be followed by a new “animated short.” A seven-minute animated short, by the way. Packed on both sides with lots more commercials.

 

And what is “A Charlie Brown Christmas” supposed to be about?

 

The overcommercialization of the holidays.

 

Eek!  Awk!  Argh!



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment