Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 8, 2012

For Sunday: "David Watts," by the Kinks

Kinks_david_watts


This is a shout-out to my old friend Joanne, who introduced me to the Kinks.  Before I knew Joanne, I was familiar with a few of their songs -  “Lola” and “Apeman,” anyway -  but Joanne dragged me to a Kinks concert in 1978 in Lowell, Massachusetts, and they were wonderful.  They sang a mix of old and new: they sang "Superman” (which was new at the time), and they did an encore of “Ducks on the Wall” for old fans like Joanne.

 

 

We waited for them outside, and they greeted us – Ray Davies did, anyway – and he signed everything Joanne threw at him (including a copy of “Pippi Longstocking”).  He was indefatigable

 

 

This is a favorite song of Joanne’s, I know.  After long listening, it’s a favorite song of mine too.

 

 

Enjoy.

 

 

David_Watts.mp3 Listen on Posterous


 

No comments:

Post a Comment