Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Another blog to follow: Scott Gatty's "Who Knows Where Or When"

Whoknowswhere


 

I have begun, once in a while, to feature other bloggers I enjoy. I will feature Oma, one of my very favorites, in a future column: she’s a gardener (which is +100 points on my scorecard) who lives in an English cottage (“Can we visit her? Can we stay with her?” Partner wants to know), and she takes wonderful photos, and she writes nice fiction too, and you should follow her.

 

 

And I recently featured another of my favorites, Attila Ovari. He’s an Australian husband/father who writes about management, and family, and many other topics; he’s also wonderful, and you should follow him.

 

 

Today I want to feature whoknowswhereorwhen.

 

 

He is on Tumblr. His name is Scott Gatty (he’s like me, he uses his full name on his website). He is a gardener and photographer and all kinds of other things. He also writes very well. This is from his Tumblr profile:

 

 

The thing that has fascinated me most in life is Time, the passage of it and my relationship to it as I age.

 

I was born in 1957, and as each year goes by, I find out more events that took place in that splendiferous year: the first artificial satellite was put into orbit by the Commies and set off a panic here; the first Pink Flamingo lawn ornament rolled off the assembly line; "The Cat in the Hat" was first published, by Dr. Seuss; Burt Bacharach joined with lyricist Hal David to create some wonderful songs; and, five days after I was born, John Lennon was introduced to Paul McCartney. Kinda neat, eh? . . .


 

I love the plant world – sometimes, I think, as if I actually were part of it. They're the other major form of life with which we share this planet, but very few people treat plants with the dignity and respect they deserve. I remind people: we need them, they don't need us.

 

 

 

I think we’re the same person in alternate universes; he got to be a gardener (which, because I live in an apartment, is forbidden to me) and I want to be a photographer and he is a photographer, and we’re both very aware of time, and we were both born in 1957, and . . .

 

 

 

But anyway.

 

 

Follow his blog.

 

 

More recommendations soon.


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment