Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Change of site, Jan 1 2013: a heads-up


Wordpress_logo



To all my good friends on Posterous (and on Blogger too):



I have been having nasty problems with Posterous lately. I publish my blog there, and Posterous used to be nice enough to post it to Facebook, and Blogger, and WordPress, and Tumblr. Lately, however, Posterous has been very cranky; it won't do WordPress and Tumblr at all anymore (this has been flickering on and off for several months now).



So I am very seriously thinking about moving my main blogsite to WordPress. 



It's a nice site, and there are lots of folks over there I like; most of my favorite blogs are on WordPress. They won't let me upload MP3 files, as Posterous does, but I have found a workaround for that.



Also: Posterous autoposts directly to Blogger, and I have a number of readers on Blogger. And I don't want to lose them. (For some reason, WordPress won't autopost to Blogger. Go figure).



Anyway, on January 1 2013, I am going to go to WordPress and Tumblr (and Facebook) exclusively, I think. Unless things in the Posterous environment change significantly.



If you subscribe to me on either Posterous or Blogger, please do me the enormous favor of going to futureworldblog.wordpress.com and subscribing to me there. It's a very nice site, trust me.



And everything will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment