Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Romney campaign, as seen on Fox News

Fox_news


Sometimes it’s a good idea to sneak over into the enemy camp and hear what they’re plotting. It’s dangerous, of course; if they catch you, they will kill you.

 

 

So, on Sunday night, while on the treadmill, I tuned into Fox News for about ten minutes. The danger, in this case, was that I might lose my temper and my grip, and go flying backward off the machine.

 

 

But I survived.

 

 

And oh the things I heard!

 

 

It was a little panel discussion – Chris Wallace, Brit Hume, Juan Williams, Bill Kristol, and a couple of others I didn’t recognize – talking about the Romney campaign, and the recently-released Romney video.  A gloomier bunch of mopes you have never seen. Chris Wallace turned somberly to Hume and asked: “Was this video fatal to the Romney campaign?”

 

 

Hume looked sour (well, sourer than usual). “Not fatal. But it sure wasn’t good.”

 

 

This, from the loathsome Bill Kristol: “I’ve been working for twenty-five or thirty years to put forward conservative ideas, and then something like this happens, and it completely muddles the message we’re trying to put forward.”

 

 

(Translation: “For thirty years I’ve been putting forward a strategy to put our people into power, and then this idiot goes and actually spills the beans in front of a camera!”)

 

 

Slowly, and with great schadenfreude, I realized that I was hearing the formulation of Plan B: what to do if the GOP loses the election. If the Republicans go down to defeat, you can be sure that it will be entirely and completely credited to Mitt Romney’s weakness as a candidate, and his terrible campaign.

 

 

Well, all kinds of things can happen between now and November.

 

 

And, as Ann Romney whined the other day: “This is hard!”

 

 

(Not nearly so hard as listening to Chris Wallace and Brit Hume and Bill Kristol, though.)

 

 

And now, drag queen Mimi Imfurst doing a dramatic interpretation of Ann Romney’s statement:

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment