Total Pageviews

Monday, October 15, 2012

Return from Paris




Alors: nous sommes retournés!



We got back just this evening. Paris was cool and foggy this morning, well on its way into autumn; Boston, when we arrived this afternoon, was warm and almost muggy.



All this after flying over Greenland and Newfoundland!




My mind’s racing. I need to process the trip. I was making notes the whole time, and taking pictures (over five hundred of them).



I was dreading this trip. I always dread travel beforehand; it disrupts me. But once I’m on the plane, I give myself over to my own higher power, whom I think of as the Great Perhaps.



And the Great Perhaps rewarded me richly this time round.



This was one of the great vacations of my life. Every day was several hundred experiences, one after another.  Some days were several thousand experiences. Not since my Peace Corps days have I had such a good time.



I won’t bore you with my Paris stories all at once. I need time to write them down and shape them a little bit. Also, I have some thoughts about the upcoming Presidential election, and a few ideas about other topics in the news.



Anyway: we’re back!


No comments:

Post a Comment