Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Colors



For years I wore mostly dull colors: gray and brown and blue (especially blue, because it brings out my eyes, tee hee).


Then, some years ago, I made a breakthrough, and I began to wear red shirts, and orange, and yellow, and chartreuse.


Now I love bright colors. I have a marigold-orange shirt, very vivid, and when I wore it a few weeks ago – “ORANGE!” a coworker shrieked. “I look at you, and all I can think of is ORANGE!”


Colors are important. They’re all around us, and we need to appreciate them. This is Pride Month, after all, with a flag that looks like this:





The colors have meanings: red is life, orange is healing, yellow is sunlight, green is nature, blue is harmony, and purple is spirit.

(The original flag included pink for sexuality and turquoise for magic/art. I wish they were still included.)


Did you stay up
To see the dawn
In the colors
Of Benetton?


I love that song. It’s full of life and art and magic and sunlight and spirituality. Let’s hear it:







No comments:

Post a Comment