Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Vile-tasting vitamins




Partner and I go into GNC once in a while, and we both get carried away with all of the healthy stuff, and we invariably buy things. Partner came out last year with a box of mega-vitamins which happened to be on sale. “Do you want these?” he said not long ago. “I don’t think I’m going to take these. They don’t appeal to me.”


“Fine,” I said.


I opened the box. Inside were thirty nice little foil packets of six pills each. Each pill was about the size of a piece of driveway gravel. Two were vitamins, minerals, etc.; two were various botanical extracts – dillweed, ginkgo, etc.; and the last two were various amino acids (citrulline, arginine, and glutamine).


Healthy, eh?


Then I opened the first packet.


Jesus, the smell! It was sort of like a chemistry lab, or a fire in a pesticide factory. And they tasted as bad as they smelled.


I’ve been taking them for about a week now. I do believe I feel a bit better – maybe a bit more energetic.


But every day I have to choke down these repulsive horse pills that taste like dirt-flavored cyanide.


Maybe I’m healthier. But is it worth it?



No comments:

Post a Comment