Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hey, Bulldog


I used to like gin best, but I progressed to vodka over time. Now, vodka is really nothing but grain alcohol and water; if it's correctly made, it should be completely flavorless. The idea of “quality” vodka is really pretty silly.  People always swear that Grey Goose is best, or Belvedere, or Stolichnaya, but when the companies run taste tests, people always end up picking Store Brand or Guckenheimer's.

 

 

And still people buy the expensive stuff.

 

 

Well, the bottles are prettier, anyway.

 

 

But gin is nice too.

 

 

A friend sometimes gives me interesting bottles of liquor. He's given me Plymouth gin, and Magellan; there was a mesquite-flavored gin from Oregon which was pretty interesting.

 

 

But this year he gave me something very interesting.

 

 

It's called “Bulldog.” It comes in a dark bottle with a funny collar-shaped ornament on the neck. It's a botanical gin, but it doesn't have the perfumy unpleasantness that some botanicals have (a few, like Hendricks, are like drinking cologne).

 

 

I noticed that, after drinking a shot of Bulldog, I got very sleepy. And, when I finally went to bed, I slept like the dead.

 

 

There had to be something in the gin that produced the effect. What could it be? Chamomile? Valerian? I checked the label again.

 

 

Aha.

 

 

Poppy.

 

 

Shades of the Wizard of Oz!

 

 

Sleepy now.  'Night.

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment