Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 22, 2013

My memorandum book



I’ve tried all kinds of memory aides. But now I’m just writing things down.


I have a nice little memorandum book in my pocket, in which I write everything down: things I have to do at work, random thoughts, ideas for a blog, things to send to people, Christmas gifts.


I used to rely on my memory. Such a nice big powerful six-cylinder memory it was!


But now it’s gone. Between age and alcohol and blows to the head, it’s gone.


So I’ve come to rely on surrogates, like my little memorandum book.


My little memorandum book is great, so long as I remember to carry it with me. And a pen. (I still have to remind myself to keep those two things with me.)


The system’s not perfect yet, but it’s working. I’m remembering things.


But I ask myself: what happens on the days when I forget my memorandum book?


Apocalypse. Disaster. The universe itself may cease to exist.


Pray for me, children.



No comments:

Post a Comment